I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Olympic Dreams...


I love the Olympics!

I wish I had watched more of the games this year. The winter games are my favorite. I have to admit that I find that very odd since all my Olympic fantasies in the past revolved around the summer games. I was part of the basketball team. We won, of course…in the L.A. summer games. I was the youngest on the team….a child prodigy in high school who was so talented that they made special arrangements to get me out of school so that I could be on the team. And it’s a good thing I was because I sunk the winning basket with just seconds left on the board. Considering the fact that I was playing on an ankle I had badly sprained earlier in the game, it was pretty amazing. I was on the box of Wheaties that year. Mary Who Retton….puh-leeze….that flexi-mini-bitch got nothin’ on me. I still get choked up when I catch a glimpse of my medal in the well-lit, glass case above the fireplace.

C’mon, I know I’m not the only one who does this. And I don’t limit my fantasies to just sports. A lot of you may not know this…because I’m so humble and low key about my fame….but in addition to my fantasy gold medals, I have a fantasy Oscar, a fantasy Grammy, a fantasy Tony and I’m due to receive a fantasy Lifetime Achievement Award very soon. They are all tied to music…even the Oscar. It was for Best Song, for “Titanic”. Before radio overplayed the shit out of it and Celine Dion did that ridiculous chest pounding performance, “My Heart Will Go On” was an excellent, well arranged and brilliantly orchestrated song….and I wrote it. Thus the Oscar. I know…pretty amazing, isn’t it? My mother is so proud...

I digress….

Last night I caught the snowboard races. I think they call it Snowboard Cross…or Cross Snowboard. Maybe it was Cross Dressing Snowboarders. I can’t recall exactly but it was incredible! If I knew how to snowboard and could do it well enough to race, I think I’d like to be in the Olympics for that particular event. Oooo…maybe I could be a double event participant and also compete in the halfpipe competition. Having more then 2 gold medals looks cooler in the pictures….recall Mark Spitz from the ’76 Munich games? Awesome picture with his 7 medals.

I would also play on the women’s hockey team….because I love team sports. And it can increase my medal count.

I still want to attempt to get the Terri Clark pictures out here, from the concert. I need to manipulate them a little bit first – which means I need to find a way to put myself on stage with her. Just kidding. Since I’m on vacation next week, it may have to wait until I’m back.

So don’t forget that my guest blogger arrives this afternoon!! She’ll be taking over next week. She is smarter and wittier then I am so this might actually become an interesting place for a week….but then you’re stuck with me again. I know…woe is you. And be nice! She knows exactly where we left off in the textbook so don't try pulling anything over on her.

Cherry Indigo…the official fantasy blog of the 2006 Winter Games.

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 03:05:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE the Olympics. Love. Curling...all frickin' day. Bring it.

I used to win Miss America/USA/Universe every year. It was such a shock! Oh! *hand flies to mouth, agape* I am so happy! Oh, thank you! *sob* *wave*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home