I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Daily Show….without Jon Stewart.

Apparently, he is way too famous and important to help out a dear old friend, a long time fan, someone who bought his book, me. So, you’ll have to get this dose of “dailies” from me and me alone. So what has been going on? Not as much as one might think.

“When A Stranger Calls”.

I am SICK TO DEATH of seeing and hearing this freaking trailer. When the police say the call is coming from inside the house, I FREAK OUT. So, for the past several weeks, I’ve been reduced to squeezing my eyes shut, sticking my fingers in my ears and singing “la, la, la-la, la, LA, LA-LA-LA” for as long as I think it takes until the damn thing is over. Of course, they always play this on the WB around 10:30 or 11:00 – AT NIGHT, for cryin’ out loud - when I am sometimes already in bed, watching TV. So I look like a big sped lying under the covers, singing at the top of my lungs, waiting out this movie trailer so that I can sleep at night. I was really counting my blessings, knowing it will be out of the theaters soon when I realized that I’ll have to go through the whole thing again when they release it on DVD.

If a tree falls in my backyard and no one is there to hear it, will I still have to cut the damn thing up?

A giant limb fell off one of my trees during a storm a few weeks ago. It’s still lying there because I haven’t had a chain saw on hand, good weather or the time to cut it up. I take the cat out there sometimes and let him play on it. I have pictures of this and will share them later in the week. I’m trying to convince people that Einstein actually felled the tree himself.


Tip ‘O the Day

If you have braces, it is not the wisest thing to eat Tastykake Peanut Butter patties right before you brush your teeth. You’ll be there for a while.


Later in the week….Terri Clark, Olympic Dreams and an introduction to next week’s guest blogger. Yes, I am just THAT important and require a guest blogger whilst on vacation.


1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 10:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree about "Stranger." Only movie that has ever completely freaked me out - the original.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home