I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Dizzy....My Head is Spinning....

I think my iPod is sick.

It wouldn’t sync 2 nights ago and yesterday, when I got to work, it wouldn’t even reset or play or anything. I finally got that fixed and decided to try the sync again last night.
After a horrendous showing at poker last night, I found myself home a little earlier then usual and started working on it. I tried the updater and that didn’t do anything….it wouldn’t even show up in iTunes as being connected. Bad sign.

It never actually gave me the finger, but it might as well have. I got the funky file warning. Shit. I had to go through the entire restore process and upload all my songs again…all 3500+ of them. Pain. In. The. Ass. But I figured, as long as it fixes it, it’s worth it.

Update this, restore that, unplug it from here and plug it in there, register all over again….cross your arms and blink your eyes.

I was up until almost 2 in the morning nursing it back to health. I even let my cat, Einstein, lick it once for luck.

Now, trying to listen to a playlist, it makes all these clicking sounds like the South African exchange student on “South Park”. It’s also skipping songs in the list. Criminy. Since I selected from the artist list, it seems to be okay. Of course, this is just THE perfect reason to by a new one!

I am also REALLY dizzy today. I feel like I’m going to fall over at any moment….even sitting down. It’s gotten worse since I arrived at the office…a clear sign that I should go home.

I’m starting to wonder if the two issues are related. If I start making clicking sounds, we might have a problem. Someone will have to restore me to factory settings.

The softball team I hang out with (the Dirty Martinis), which is different from the one I actually play on (the Flying Monkeys), is having the 12 Bars of Christmas tomorrow. We start at 1pm in South Philly. Should be lots of great stories and pictures come Monday.

I only have one goal…not to puke in public.

1 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Indigo (Cindy) said...

I was inspired by those old Air Force commercials...Aim High. Or, in the case of puking, low.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home