I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, May 01, 2006

I Can't Think of a Title

I was in NYC today on business. At some point, I thought of a...my name is Allison which led to this idea for a blog about thinking that I saw her on some random corner. Ya’ know, there was a brick building on one corner with the hotdog vendor outside, a glass and steel structure on another. A parking garage across the way and, of course, the requisite Starbucks. Then I was going to go on to say that I knew it was her because she looked the EXACT same way as she did in this picture. I was going to work in hailing a cab but I hadn't tweaked that out yet. It was going to be a riot. I could feel it.

Then she ruined it by posting this picture, proving that she was in the park all day, not hanging out on random corners.

So now I got nothin’.

I was in NYC today on business. Yeah, see, it doesn’t have that same jeu d’esprit.


[It would also have been really cool if Iced Tea Not Coke and I were there at the same time (she just came back)...that would have been a blast. She did send me a pic though!]

Oh, wait, I do have a little something else. I love Ben-FM, Philly's newest (a year?) radio station. It's pretty good and their whole schtick is about playing anything they want, having the biggest library, etc. I was completely on board with this but now I'm noticing a pattern to their randomness. For instance...

Heart has about 20 AWESOME hits...I love Heart. Ben-FM decides to play "All I Wanna Do (Is Make Love to You)" to satisfy their Heart quota. They play it ALL THE TIME. It's one of their top 5 worst released songs. Maybe the top 3. What happened to "Barracuda", "Crazy On You", "How Can I Refuse", "Magic Man", "Never", "If Looks Could Kill", etc. etc. etc.? That's a whole week of Heart quota right there and I wasn't even trying that hard.

They do the same thing with Patty Smythe's (and Don Henley) "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough". Okay, not even close to being the same example because she only had 3 hits. So, that wasn't so good. Let's scratch that one...literally.

My point being what I already stated...they have developed a pattern in their randomness....did they think we were too stupid to catch on?

I was in NYC today on business. Nope. Not even close to being funny. It really needed the entire contrived story.

3 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 03:13:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wasn't in the Park ALL DAY, you know? It very well could have been me. How cool would THAT be?

 
At 5/04/2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Indigo (Cindy) said...

That would have been TOTALLY cool, fer shure.

 
At 5/09/2006 01:38:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Indigo (Cindy) said...

Back in NYC next Tuesday? I was supposed to be there today but something more critical came up. I probably won't be up there a lot after this week...but might be able to pull off a follow-up trip next week.

I'm typically in the Upper East side. E. 60th street, along the south end of Central Park, between 5th and Madison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home