I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Braves Schmaves

Son.

Of.

A.

Bitch.

Baseball season has begun. I personally have nothing against baseball, baseball season, baseball players or baseball fans. I was quite the fan myself as a kid. Yeah, I had a baseball card collection, too! I met Brooks Robinson at the Shop 'n Save in Parkville, MD....and he signed my shirt. In my twenties, I saw the last game the Orioles ever played at Memorial Stadium and probably shed a tear or two in the name of my youth and nostalgia.

So what is my issue (this time) you may ask?

I RELY on TBS for my sitcom fix in the evenings. Once 8pm hits and the WB and Fox go to regular programming, I often flip to TBS for my goods, my rush, my stuff, my trip. The remote is the artillery I use for my bang and channel 20 is my candyman. (Yeah, I totally had to find all those word online.)

Now that baseball season has begun, TBS shows the damn Braves games. Ted Turner is a big cheese head. Look at this picture.








Cheesy.

So just because he owns TBS AND the Braves, he gets to air whatever he wants. I guess if I want to watch what I want to watch, I'll have to buy a television station....and you would think the ransom I pay to Comcast each month would have accomplished that by now.

The only thing I could find in place of good sitcoms was Roseanne on Nick at Nite. I really can't deal with her all evening. Listening to her screech feels like someone pushing a thumb tack into my forehead over and over again.

I only have to make it until 10:30....then I can go back to the WB for my nightly line up.

Atlanta Braves in place of sitcoms...that's NOT funny.

3 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Andy McCullough said...

FYI, Ted Turner owns neither the Braves or TBS anymore. AOL TIme Warner owns both and they are trying to sell the Braves.

 
At 4/06/2006 01:57:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Indigo (Cindy) said...

Okay, yeah, you're right...I forgot about that. So I have to be angry at Richard D. Parsons - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AOL Time Warner. I can do that.

It doesn't change the fact that I can't watch "Friends" when the Braves are playing. :)

And it's still a cheesy picture.

 
At 4/08/2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Buffy said...

God Bless Roseanne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home