I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"A greasy shade and a curtain drawn..."

It was another weekend of working on the house and softball. And a great party downtown on Saturday night!

I now have brand new, white, wooden blinds on almost every window. So pretty! I know this isn’t that exciting but you have to understand that for the past 15 months, the only thing covering my kitchen window was a poorly shaped piece of canvas tarp that I put up when I moved in. Don’t ask me why – because I don’t know – but I’ve never liked dealing with window treatments.

The blinds were not that bad – save for the poorly written instructions and teeniest freaking diagram I’ve ever seen. Awful! I hope the people writing these instructions aren’t the same ones writing the instructions for, say, portable defibrillators (I know there is a real name for those…AED or something like that….I didn’t feel like looking it up).


But, behold!!


The beautiful new blinds on my front door.








(As a matter of fact, that IS my Christmas wreath because I really DO believe every day should be like Christmas.)

Now, I KNOW what you’re thinking….”Freaking hell, are we gonna have to hear about every damn little thing she does to her house?”

And the answer, of course, is….yes, most likely.

It’s nice to see some things finally coming together….even if it does kill me or put me in the hospital. If that’s the case, I’ll have a lovely home in which to convalesce. When I’m feeling up to it on warm days, I’ll be able to slowly stroll around the yard and look at all the beautiful landscaping work that’s been going on all week.

In the spirit of anonymity, the following is for
a...my name is allison. She'll know what it means.






cindy@cherryindigo.com


:)



1 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice.

Very nice. ; )

And I say, keep the wreath. Before you know it, it will be time to put it back up again anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home