I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Burn Baby Burn

GREAT WEEKEND!!! Yes, I know, it’s Thursday and we’re already rolling into a new weekend….it took me that long to get to this. But last weekend…

The contractor (Brian, who is awesome) finished up on Thursday. The dumpster was finally at capacity – enough that we had to jump around in it to make sure it was below the sides. Otherwise, they won’t pick it up. I seem to remember being up until about 2:30, painting. But that might have been another night....I've lost track.


On Friday, I was hoping to get out right on time but all hell broke loose in the afternoon. It was close to 6:30 before I got out of there, exhausted. So, we decided it actually would be a good idea for me to take a nap – which helped tremendously. Then we worked our asses off cleaning that place up….so much dust. We had intended to keep cleaning until we were done but finally had to get some sleep around 4am.

Rise and shine!!! I woke up at 7:00. 7:00!!! Only 3 freaking hours later. When I couldn’t fall back asleep by 8:00, I got up and finished putting together some furniture until my partner-in-crime was up and then we split up….she did all the shopping and picking things up and I finished up the house. But no nap that day. :(

It was all worth it, however. The room looked so good. Brian and his guys did a tremendous job. Behold!

Before:


















After!






























And…. Just a few short hours later, the furniture got pushed back, the carpet rolled up, disco ball was hung and lights were lit…. and we had the Disco Inferno!
















At some point, when we were getting into the wee hours, a couple of us decided to walk to the end of the driveway to check the sound level. Couldn’t hear anything but it was pretty funny to see the lights flashing around through the windows in the door.

It was probably around midnight when the whipped cream came out. It’s become a staple at parties with this bunch.

Saturday turned into Sunday and it was at least 3am before we got to bed....with many overnights guests! I think we started to putter around by 8 the next morning. I love the morning after slumber parties….we saw a special screening of the pictures while enjoying French toast and eggs. Then off to softball.

I’m almost caught up on sleep….thank God it’s Memorial Day weekend.

Next up....we MUST talk about "American Idol".

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 03:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your party was amazing. So glad that I could make it. The disco inferno was a blast and your house looks fantastic.

You definitely need to blog about American Idol. I am so disappointed I can't begin to tell you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home