I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Blogger NOT Frogger...Revisited

Except this time it IS Frogger.

Most of my family came for an end of season cookout on Sunday. Mom (Dad wasn’t able to make it), Grandmother, older sis and great new boyfriend, ultra hip niece, her very nice husband and cute kid (yes, I’m a grand-aunt) and my way cool nephew who cracks me up. Towards the end of the afternoon, my grand nephew (that sounds so weird) remembered that I had promised he could get PlayStation 2 going after dinner….the kid remembers everything. We did because I don’t want to be the stupid mean aunt who doesn’t do what she said she would. Plus, I love PS2.

I’m back outside enjoying dessert and tea with my Mom and Grandmother and by the time I go back in, the whole crew has all the games they could find and everyone has joined in. We had a blast.

Now, I told you that to tell you this. After everyone left, I had an urge to see where I left off on Frogger about a hundred (okay, 2) years ago. Last night I find myself, once again, hopping on conveyor belts, molten rocks, moving platforms and pulling and pushing things with my tongue…this is not your father’s Oldsmobile. I think I can see myself hooked for the next week or so. I got as excited as a six year old when I made it past an exceptionally difficult level last night. And let’s face it, a six year old probably would have maneuvered through the same level with his eyes closed. Damn kids. And the new level I'm on....I have NO idea what I'm supposed to do. I'm getting chased by some mechanical dragon and hopping around like an idiot. Maybe I'll figure it out this evening.

We’ll see how hooked I get. I’ve started painting around the house, too, so I may get derailed….specifically, I’m painting walls…not just any old thing around the house.

Just to give you an idea of the difference, here are before and after pictures of Frogger. Say goodbye to logs and trucks….we’re not in Kansas anymore.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home