I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Nothing in Particular

I am not one to generally bitch and complain about sports and specific wins and losses but yesterday’s Eagles game was just hideous. I would have loved to have been a water bottle on the sidelines and have heard what was going on with McNabb and coach Andy Reid. Was Reid asking him to tough it out and stay in or was McNabb refusing to acknowledge how hurt he really was? And if it was the latter, why didn’t Reid exercise his authority as a coach and sit him on the bench anyway? From all documented accounts thus far that I’ve seen, Reid admits to not thinking about replacing McNabb…..until there was just over a couple minutes to go and, for some unknown reason, it seemed like the right time to him. To McNabb’s credit (I think) he did not blame the loss on his injuries. And it wouldn’t be right for anyone else too, either. I don’t think his being sacked 4 times had anything to do with his injured chest and groin (which is being called a sports hernia).

I don’t know how a sports hernia differs from a regular hernia but they both sound bad to me. Is “sports hernia” a fancy name for a really bad pulled groin? They both require surgery to properly repair so I’m still left a bit confused. I can’t imagine McNabb will make it through 11 more games and the playoffs in the shape he is in. The real question is, can the Eagles, as a team, make it to the playoffs if McNabb takes 4-6 weeks off to get his sports hernia fixed?

***

So (I start too many sentences with “so”…the next person who catches me doing that, inappropriately, gets a drink on me) this web site thing, of course, is a little harder then I first imagined it would be. But that’s okay….it just means I’ll learn more…or drink more. Or learn to drink more. I did finally find a web hosting service that seemed like the right one…although I’m kicking myself just a little for not just sticking with Yahoo!. It was too far on one side of the learning curve and this might be too far on the other side. It remains to be seen. And I have my web site creation software. I know that, in order to still use Blogger and have it publish to my site, I have to reconfigure Blogger to my new ftp server. I’m not quite ready to do that, however, because it releases the name and I’m not ready to screw with this area yet. So, it’s a safe bet that this will remain my main blog spot for more then just a couple weeks.

I was thinking about something I read in “Freakonomics” about unifying themes. The authors said that most books – especially those that include many different topics – have unifying themes…something that ties it all together. I was speculating as to whether or not I should try to do that. A lot of the sites, of course, do that and the themes might include politics, religion, sports, cooking (yuck), entertainment, etc. I’ve blathered on about all of them except cooking – don’t look for recipes on here any time soon. So, (that was an appropriate use) I’ve decided that my unifying theme is the over opinionated diatribes of me. In other words, nothing changes and I just keep on babbling away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home