I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Getting DIzzy.....Feeling Weak.....

First day without a Red Bull in the morning…I feel weird. I miss the not quite citrus, sort-of-metallic-but-not-really taste. I miss the light carbonation and the skinny can – and where is that distinct aftertaste? What will my body do without the Taurine flowing through my veins? I felt like a traitor, reaching past the familiar can in the cafeteria cooler and, instead, grabbing a carton of skim milk to go with the container of Special K- with red berries! I’m a little frightened of the “strawberries” in the Special K. I showed them to Dave, who sits outside my office, and he says they were probably strawberries at one point in their lives. I’m about half way through the container and the cereal is starting to get soggy. Hmm. And the milk is getting pink from the strawberry like substances. I don’t think I can finish this. It might be time to start having cereal at home. Special K would not be a choice of mine….but it was the healthiest thing they had down there. Good thing the cafeteria stays open until 10:30.

***

I’m officially hooked on “Commander in Chief”. On Monday I saw a commercial hailing it as “the best new show on Tuesday night”. I was on the phone with a friend and asked her, “How can they say that, there’s only been one episode?” But, after 2 episodes, I’m in. And I know that some of the drama will be predictable and the lines cliché, but I don’t care. It’s interesting to me. When “The West Wing” came on television I was an early-to-bed kinda gal and asleep by 10:00, so I never saw it. That might be part of the reason I’m excited about this show….it’s a new experience for me.

My one beef would be that Geena Davis’ character doesn’t seem bitchy enough to have made it this far. And maybe she isn’t…let’s face it, she was selected as a VP candidate to get votes. Period. It’ll be interesting to see if she grows a set. I wonder if the 2 years she has in this office count as a term? She was elected VP, not President. Can she still be elected for 2 more terms in that office? I think she can….but I have to look it up. I recently bought the “Idiot’s Guide to American Government”. Why? Because, for one, I was (am) reading “A People’s History of the United States” and realized just how much I’d forgotten from school about how the government is set up. Secondly, I am a self-proclaimed idiot. And third, I’m one of those people who gets obsessed with a subject for a while and tries to read as much as I can about it….I guess government is my new thing for now.

***

I’m hungry. It’s only 8:21. I’m going to have to get some toast or something. Maybe I can have the Red Bull with toast and just cut out my English muffin and egg sammich for now. Baby steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home