I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Short but...okay, just short

I wish I had time to learn all the things I want to know. I walk around Barnes & Noble and want to read everything. I want a year just to read and learn, learn, learn. Then I come home and have a million things to do and don't spend time drowning in new information.

I've contemplated the fact that maybe this is really bothering me lately because I'm turning 40 this year and there are still things I want to do and wish I had already done.

For instance, I would really love to be steeped in technology. Or I would really love to have the time, energy and resources to get into medicine...I don't think I'm ready to start paying my dues all over again.

If I don't buy a sports car but spend a couple hundred bucks a week on books, is it still considered the mark of a mid-life crisis? What if I'm not actually reading all the books because I don't have time?

Hmmm....not so short afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home