I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Open An Imaginary Door.

What do you see?

1973.

I’m six years old and it’s the first day of school. When it comes to life, I know then what I know now. Reading, writing and arithmetic are still to be learned but I know the important lessons.

For instance, I know that I’ll wish I had studied more in order to earn better grades. I’ll already realize that better grades open doors to better colleges, more opportunities and limitless experiences.

I’ll also have the knowledge that grades won’t be enough and I’ll overcome my shyness to join the organizations that are of interest to me (and some that aren't), thus connecting me to more people.

All of life’s lessons won’t be about school. It will be clear that the labels on my clothing aren’t the qualties about which my true friends will care.

The fascination with medicine and the human body will have already been discovered and have possibly formed my future differently.

I won’t be afraid to be who I am and will accept it more readily. I’ll also know that my parents love me because I’m me and I’m their daughter….it will have nothing to with who I want to love.

Perhaps most importantly, I’ll know that honesty, integrity and being true to one’s convictions are not things that can be compromised. Family is family – no matter what. Friendships require attention, care and nurturing.

Though money can’t buy happiness, I’ll also be a gazillionaire because I’ll know where to get all the lottery numbers for the past 34 years. A gazillion dollars can do a lot of good for a lot of people in this world.

It’s a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home