I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Simple Things

Opening the screen door, I call inside…

"Can you come here for a minute, please?"

I hear footsteps come down the hall, as I sit on the front step...

“Where are you?”
“Out here.”


The door opens. Sitting beside me now...

“What’s up?”

I smile.


“It’s fall and there’s a chill in the air and the sunset is making those trees all gold. I just wanted to hold your hand for minute.”

So we do. A few words exchanged about this and that.

The sun escapes to the horizon a bit more, the moment ends and we part.


I go in search of the little man, lurking amongst the plants.











The first leaves off the tree,
The way you look at me,
A thousand chiming church bells ring
The simple things are free
The sun, the moon, the stars,
The beating of two hearts
How I love the simple things,
The simple things just are

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 08:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cind --

This is such a nice post. I love it.

sigh.

Lu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home