I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Commitment

Ah, my poor little blog. Lonely, neglected, isolated from the other blogs. How did this relationship go astray? We used to be tight. I think we can be that way again.

I really miss writing more than I realized. There are a few dream jobs I have; musician, philanthropist, radiologist (x-rays are cool), animal rescue, carpenter and writer. I like the last one because you don’t need a degree, money, special skills…anyone who wants to write something can. Sure, some people write better than others, but ANYONE can write. Yes, you have to know the alphabet – although picture books can tell a story, too – graphical writing.

I’ve been telling myself that I don’t have the time I used to have, I don’t have the opportunity as I did before. All I need is 10 or 15 minutes a day. I have that. So, I’m going to try this again. I’m also going to try to make it different. How many times can I complain about Britney Spears, Paris Hilton or the stupidity of society? Okay, a lot, but that’s not the point.

If I really want to write for the sake of improving my writing skills, I need something new. I found something at Barnes and Noble – my sanctuary – today. In addition to several other books, I found “The Pocket Muse” whilst I was browsing.






















Not only will this give me countless ideas from which to draw, it forces me to think about experiences. It gives me the opportunity to stretch my imagination and expand my perspective. Of course, there will still be the occasional rant about those mundane, yet newsworthy, items that I enjoy so much….writing about them amuses me. I know, I’m not proud of it.

So here goes…let’s see what my little pocket muse, Dave, has for me today.

“What’s the most you ever paid for something you didn’t even want?”

I’m paying $3000 to have braces at the age of 39.



This is going to be easier than I thought.

1 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 02:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you with the braces.
It is always good to do something for yourself once in a while, even when you don't want to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home