I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, September 18, 2006

FUMBLE!

HOW?......HOW ON EARTH does a team give up a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter of their home opener? HOW?!

As T would say, "once again, the Birds managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory".

Recovering from a loss like that requires going through the 7 stages of grief.

1. Shock or Disbelief: they didn't actually just lose that game, did they? Noooo... they had a 17 point lead.

2. Denial: Nooo....Reid's gonna challenge something...they'll figure out that Dawkins had that catch first and fairly...they changed the rules and will finish the whole OT quarter.

3. Bargaining: Alright, alright....I promise to paint my face next time...really...and wear the goofy geen and white afro wig.

.4. Guilt: I KNEW we shouldn't have left our seats early...even if we were still in the stadium and watching...that's why they lost...that's what did it. It was our fault. I'm so ashamed.

5. Anger: Every time, every damn time!! I HATE THEM!! They get paid to do this! DO YOUR JOB!

6. Depression: Monday through Wednesday after every Eagles loss.

7. Acceptance and Hope: Thursday through Saturday after every Eagles loss.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to vic- ...oh what the hell, just fly somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home