I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Heatwave: 1 _______ Air Conditioning: 0

The air conditioner has officially lost it’s battle with the heat. I feel bad for the poor little thing….it tries and tries and tries. The system has got to be almost as old as the house….I’m convinced it’s the original one. Then the dolts that owned this place a couple owners back put an addition on the place and didn’t upgrade the system. It’s been fighting ever since.

So reinforcements have been brought in until I can get someone in here to replace the ole boy and let him rest in that special place in heaven reserved just for old air conditioners. It seems only fair…it’s the farthest they can get them from hell and, let’s face it, they don’t stand a chance there.

There are now two, new troops in the fight, helping him limp along. One in the bedroom and one in here, the sort-of office. It’s like a freezer in here now. HAWESOME!!

I’m officially ready for fall. Truth be told, I’m always ready for fall, all year round. However, now I’ve got the itch. My spirit needs to be scratched by colorful leaves, chilly nights, fleece pullovers, football, Halloween, brisk walks in the city twilight, sweaters, leather jackets, easy hikes, boots, hot chocolate and the smell of burning leaves.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I want to feel this way again...

“I could go crazy on a night like tonight

When summer's beginning to give up her fight”

SOON.

1 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 05:06:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

On my list of Top 5 all-time favorite things - stepping on crunchy fallen leaves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home