I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

I was in Arizona for business last week - or the week before, I really don't even know anymore. Tucson, to be exact. I believe only hell alone is hotter than Arizona in July.

The woman who books our travel put us in the Hilton East. A nice place. I’m not sure if she did it intentionally, but she had us on the executive floor. I always love the executive floor because you have everything right there….you can eat your continental breakfast with the other business drones and don’t have to listen to the tourist planning their day’s events around seeing the world’s biggest rattlesnake turd. Although, I can’t imagine who would want to vacation in Tucson in July. Regardless, I always like being on the business floor, it’s convenient.

So, arounds'about 11pm (you have to speak like that in Tucson), I remember that I have a Red Bull in my bag and want to keep it chilled overnight. Grabbing my ice bucket, and not bothering to put shoes on (I do have on socks), I head down the hall toward the elevators where the ice machine typically is. It’s not there. I search around a bit and finally consult the little map. What? No vending machines and ice? I don’t understand. Then I spot it….THE SIGN…

“For your convenience, ice machines are located on floors 3, 4 and 6.”

For my convenience? I am on floor 7…the convenient, business oriented, amenity-filled executive floor. How is it convenient for me - and it's all about me at 11pm - that ice is on floors 3, 4 and 6? That’s not convenient at all. It’s absolutely inconvenient.

To make matters worse, the ice machine on floor 6 has been burglarized by ruffian teens staying in the hotel and no longer works. How the hell do you break an ice machine of all things? So I had to go to floor 4. In my socks. I finally managed to get ice. I really wanted to dump a bucket full over the railing and into the oh-so-tastefully-decorated atrium/lobby.

I’m glad the Hilton is on my side and trying to make things easier for me….otherwise, I might have had to go to freaking Alaska to get ice. Next time, I’ll make it extremely convenient for me and just order ice from room service.

That’ll teach ‘em.


P.S. Dear Iced Tea Not Coke - back on a blogging roll, 3 days running....you dare to dis me in your blog?....BRING IT, SISTAH! ;)

4 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 09:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ysy! Welcome back to blogger's world! You were missed by me and I'm sure many others as I so love reading your blogs... :)

Have a great day!

 
At 8/01/2006 09:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops - i meant YAY! you know how much we HATE typos... :)

 
At 8/01/2006 05:35:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Indigo (Cindy) said...

Yes, we HATE typos!! I spelled lightning incorrectly in the KA-BOOM post and it's bugging the hell outta me. I'm trying not to be a spaz and just leave it alone. We'll see how successful I am. ;)

 
At 8/01/2006 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, typos and all. Don't sweat the small stuff--perfectionism can make you run in circles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home