I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Whew!!!

So, we seemed to have made it through 06-06-06 okay. Really, did we have that much to fear? For starters, there are a bunch of zeroes in there breaking things up. When is the last time anyone referred to the year as just 6?

"Hey, what's the date?"
"6-7-6"

Huh? BTW - if you're asking the date and someone has to clarify the year, you have other problems we can start discussing.

Second, I read recently that 666 is not truly the right number. Historians and other scholarly people are now questioning the validity of that sign. Something about a 4th 6, I believe. If they got it wrong once, they could get it wrong again. Who are these guys anyway and why do we believe whatever they say? Practical jokers.

Third, is 666 really a bad number for everyone? Don't you only have to worry if you notice this on the back of your head....or that of someone close to you? Yeah, it's creepy if your house number is 666 or your phone number has 666 in it...but that's just coincidence. I don't think the beast is hanging out at Verizon, assigning phone numbers. He may be there jacking up prices but that's gonna happen anyway, we can't blame him for everything.

My real fear, to be completely honest, was that terrorists would see 06-06-06 as an appropriate day to attack us.

However, the only threat to society that I saw yesterday was the release of "The Omen" movie. Ew. Did I ever mention reading "The Omen" as a kid? That freaking book. Scared the bejeezus outta me - to the point where I had to ask my Dad to hide it from me. As far as I know, it is STILL stashed in the back of his file cabinet in the basement....Dad wasn't so good at hiding things. Mom would have buried it in the backyard and then drawn a map of where it was and then hid the map in the freezer, in an empty box of frozen spinach....knowing I'd NEVER go there.

I will admit, at 6:06 yesterday morning, I did pause and consider going back to bed for the day. But I do that every day.

I guess we're safe until 06-06-08, when the beast's lesser known neighbor could show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home