I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Ummm, yeah...we need to talk about your TPS reports"

I’m sitting in a meeting at work, fighting desperately to stay awake. I’ve been through my normal exercises to fight boredom:

1. Discreetly messing around on MySpace, trying not to get caught by the COO, 2 seats down. And then cursing the wireless internet connection in this room when it crapped out.
2. Making a list of all the things I still have to do for Christmas.
3. Trying to list, without a map or writing them down, all the states I’ve been to. I think it’s 30.
4. Fantasizing about the way I would restructure this company if I were the Queen of it.
5. Fantasizing about what I’d say if I could tell off a few people that I want to tell off.
6. Going through the reasons I could leave this meeting and deciding if any are legitimate. They fucking weren’t, damn it.
7. Sex fantasies…of course. The participant names have been withheld to protect…ummm…everyone. :)
8. Visualizing my acceptance speech at the Grammy’s. I was a hit, by the way.
9. Writing today’s blog….a new addition to my efforts and this little diatribe will serve as today's entry.
10. Wondering, if I had not avoided that accident yesterday, who would attend my funeral.

Still 50 minutes to go. Fucking hell. At least I get to leave at noon today. Hallelujah! (It felt like the right exclamation, given the season.)

I was able to get to an online map whilst sitting here….I’ve been in 38 states….that includes being in an airport or driving through the state. And I killed another 22 minutes. Yee-ha. Here they are…

Been to:

ME, MA, NH, VT, NY, CT, NJ, DE, PA, MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, FL, AL, LA, IA, MN, MO, OH, MI, KY, KS, TX, SD, UT, CO, CA, WA, OR, ID, NV, NE, TN, GA, MT, WY

Not been to: HI, AK, ND, MS, WI, RI, IL, IN, AZ, NM, AR, OK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home