I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Blah blah blah...

Despite being sick, I actually got my Christmas (oh, wait, do I have to say HOLIDAY?) shopping done yesterday. I still have some stocking stuffer kind of things to pick up and cards, but the big stuff is all done. Yay!!

This looks to be a great weekend. Tonight is a get together at a colleague's house. Tomorrow morning I'll go to the Hallmark store - because I DO care enough to send the very best - and get the cards I need. I'm going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra in the afternoon at the Wachovia Center, which will probably be followed by dinner somewhere. And on Sunday I'm hoping to wrap gifts while watching Christmas specials that I have on DVD and VHS.

Then there's all the usual weekend crap in there - laundry, straightening the house, etc. I'm hoping to get the kitchen put mostly back together now that the floor is done. We're even supposed to have decent temperatures...in the 40s. With any luck, the pipes for the outside water spigots will thaw and I can drain them and shut them down like I should have done a month ago but forgot to do.

***

Randal won The Apprentice last night. I'll be honest, I've never been more on the fence with two candidates and I've watched every season - though this one only sporadically. While Randal had the better business experience and education, he almost seemed overqualified to be an apprentice to someone. He already runs 5 companies. Rebecca was clearly a strong candidate and would have been a great asset to the organization. She's someone who could be molded and better fits the title of a true apprentice.

When Trump hired Randal, he later asked him if he should hire Rebecca, too. Randal said no! I was stunned. It was a selfish, classless and ungracious move on Randal's part and I lost respect for him right then and there. At that point, I wished he hadn't won. It is what it is and I look forward to the next season. This season was a little dissappointing, to be honest....such a group of bumbling buffoons.

2 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I ordered a bunch of gifts from amazon.com, but hadn't received them yet. I logged onto my account to check the status of the order and found that one of the items wouldn't be available for shipping until Jan. 9. Information that would've been helpful yesterday.

Once I was done shopping. And now. Here I go again...

 
At 12/19/2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Cherry Indigo (Cindy) said...

Oh that stinks!! Well, at least it's only one item...you could be stuck shopping for a bunch of stuff.

Isn't that just so dissapointing, though?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home