I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oh What Fun It Is To Ride....

I’m busting on my own kind today….

While I do drive an SUV (a teeny-teeny, tiny-tiny Grand Cherokee), love it and will probably always drive one, I have to laugh at the monster SUV rallies (Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!) that I see in the parking lots each day. Especially at this time of the year. I love watching the soccer/holiday Moms maneuver into a spot with their Cadillac Escalade, GMC Yukon Jack-me-ups, Ford Excursion to Everests, Chevy Suburban Housing Development and Lincoln Aviator 747s.

It’s quite funny. They totally blow the first turn into the spot and almost crush the Saturn next to them. Then they back up – but not far enough – and try again. Now they’ve got the nose in and sorta, kinda get an idea of the angle and runway space they’ll really need. Back it up again (beep, beep, beep). Whoops! Turned the wheel the wrong way and ended up running over a small child. Now they’ve got it! Oh! Nope. Too close to the little MDX beside them and won’t be able to open the 11 foot wingspan door. Straight back this time…not realizing they pushed that Mini Cooper under the Hummer in the adjacent spot. NOW we’ve got it. That only took 10 minutes and 5 gallons of gas.

Andrew Sullivan would finally be proud of me.

1 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 10:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a shame, in today's sad world, that anyone drives an SUV. I personally love them but care more about my environment...no matter how small a part I play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home