I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina and the Freaking Waves

Oh my God, I feel so awful for those poor people in New Orleans. Selfishly, I'm glad I got the chance to visit N.O. a couple years ago so I could see what a great city it is - was - will be again. But more then anything, my heart just goes out to those who have, essentially, lost everything. I watched a video of a man that had hold of his wife's hand and she finally had to tell him that he couldn't hold her anymore and to take care of the kids. Even the reporter was crying as she interviewed him.

I've been watching different coverage and just can't get over the devastation. I'm also thinking a lot about the colleagues we have in nearby Covington..right across Lake Pontchartrain (about 30 minutes from the city center). I drove across that causeway several days in a row, going from the city to the office, before spending Halloween weekend in the city. and now it's probably gone.

I'm hoping that everyone we know is safe and got out in plenty of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home