I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Thursday, June 09, 2011

What a long, strange trip it's been

Has it really been 4 years since I've been here? No one is even going to know to look for my posts anymore...and that might be okay. For whatever reason, I ended up reading the majority of my old entries over the past couple weeks. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to be a part of the blog world. My trip down memory lane reminded me of people - who I think I was privileged enough to call friends - that I only knew through pictures and words (lots and lots and lots of words). I never met them, but it was easy to enjoy their stories, support their heartaches, and care about them. I wonder how they're doing these days.

Some things change and some remain the same. I live in the same place, I'm with the same person, and my cat still thinks that he's in charge.

So what's really diferent then? Well, I passed a milestone birthday, coincidentally, just after I lasted posted here. I have a new job in the city and now take the train to work every morning (I just heard a mash-up of Tina Turner's "Rolling on the River" and Shena Easton's "Morning Train" - it was a, um, different). I'm 3/4 of the way to finally completing my degree....thank God. I no longer play softball on Sundays (mainly because of school), and I haven't traveled the way I used to. I've developed an affinity for gardening (vegetables) and become more of a neat freak as I age. I've made some new friends, kept some existing friends, and lost touch with some once very dear friends. So, some changes are good, some are just changes, and some I wish I could change again.

I have time on my hands that I didn't feel I had before, when my little blog went on hiatus, so maybe I'm back. Time will tell. Most of the time, I feel busier than ever, but now I have a train ride and an iPad, so blogging could be easier.

For now, it's good to be back, albeit quietly and without fanfare. I think I'll see if this sticks before letting anyone know. Plus, this has to be the most boring blog ever. Eh. Ver.


That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home