I've added "word verification" to the comment area to block spammers. My apologies.

Monday, September 12, 2005

The Graduate

Okay, time for some blog changes…I liken this to moving the furniture around…except it’s fonts. I remember moving furniture in a room being one of the most exciting things to do when I was a kid. I can’t possibly recall why it was so exciting but I just loved it. Changing my room around was one thing…and that didn’t happen too often since my sister and I were limited in our options…but when the living room got changed around, it was like we had moved! Of course, that’s when you also found out just how much dust and dirt and crumbs had gathered behind or underneath the furniture and we always had to vacuum the floor and dust the baseboards before my Mom would put stuff in place. Have I ever mentioned that we were little slaves? That might be a story for another time.

I digress…

What a great weekend. Great weather. Great company. Great things to do. I’ve become one of those people who live for the weekends…which sounds odd to most people. But I was such a workaholic for so long that weekends were just more hours to get things done at work…now I just love them and look forward to not working on the weekends.

So, I think it does turn out that last week (if you happened to tune in), besides being a pressure cooker at work, was a giant dose of PMS. I can only speculate, with any confidence, to that being the reason for my bitchiness because it just went away on Friday/Saturday....a little shrapnel here and there but nothing damaging. So, whatever it was, it seems to have passed and, hopefully, I didn’t do anything stupid enough to leave a wake of angry friends or family. If this is what I can anticipate with menopause I’m going to start looking into how to have that medically removed or else I’ll end up in a cell – I just don’t know if it will be the kind with bars or padding.

So Michael Brown resigned today….gee, who couldn’t see that coming? There’s really nothing to even comment on…it’s all been said.

Brittany Spears may or may not have had a child today. I just…I can’t….she just isn’t……God. My head hurts.

First Monday night football game of the season!! Yeah!! And first Eagles game!! Double yeah!!

Not a lot to say today because, well, I’m just getting back to feeling like myself. I’m on the patio right now, as usual, and “A People’s History…” is on the table, tempting me. So, off I go…back into Revolutionary times.

I have the song “Mrs. Robinson” stuck in my head. Where HAVE you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Coo coo ca-choo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home